• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father in law slipped on ice and died

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baylor3217

So now, 5 years later we are finally going to trial. I found out today the judge and the defense attorney were best buddies in college.

when our lawyer and the defense attorney were meeting with the judge, the judge and my lawyer walked into the judge’s office and the defense attorney was sitting in the judge’s chair with his feet propped up on the judge’s desk.

This would seem a substantial conflict of interest no? Maybe this is normal lawyer behavior with the judge? I’d think not.

quincy

So now, 5 years later we are finally going to trial. I found out today the judge and the defense attorney were best buddies in college.

when our lawyer and the defense attorney were meeting with the judge, the judge and my lawyer walked into the judge’s office and the defense attorney was sitting in the judge’s chair with his feet propped up on the judge’s desk.

This would seem a substantial conflict of interest no? Maybe this is normal lawyer behavior with the judge? I’d think not.
It wouldn’t necessarily be a conflict of interest. Defense attorneys, prosecutors and judges are often friends, especially if they work in smaller cities. If your mother-in-law has concerns, she should discuss these concerns with her attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">