• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father is threatening to take my child away!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jakivy

What is the name of your state? arizona

My daughters father has threatened to try and take sole custody of her ( because he is angry that I would not marry him previously) he is accusing me of all sorts of things that are just not true. Does anyone know what his chances are in suceeding? I'm only worried because he has no qualms about lying and his family has the money for a good lawyer if he really wants to push this. Plz help I am a young mother in school who wants nothing more than to be w/ her daughter and does not have the $$$ to fight him.

K

knorris

jakivy said:
What is the name of your state? arizona

My daughters father has threatened to try and take sole custody of her ( because he is angry that I would not marry him previously) he is accusing me of all sorts of things that are just not true. Does anyone know what his chances are in suceeding? I'm only worried because he has no qualms about lying and his family has the money for a good lawyer if he really wants to push this. Plz help I am a young mother in school who wants nothing more than to be w/ her daughter and does not have the $$$ to fight him.
You should be concerned of course but unless he has solid proof that your an unfit parent then he cannot take sole custody away from you. he might be able to get joint custody but as long as your a good parent and provide for your child. His lie's wont help him unless he has proof to back them up. I went throught the same thing with my ex who's family was very wealthy.He and his family lied like crazy about me in court but it wasn't hard for the judge to figure out. I was given physical custody and he visitation. Funny his was the same reason I divorced him so he was so pissed he thought he would just take the kids away to get back at me. Good luck and hang in there. You really need to consult with an attorney. most have free or low cost consults. Kathie :cool:

C

confusedfiance

well i think that he is probably full of **** if he says he's got dirt on you......at least provable dirt. i agree that you should consult an attorney.....but i wouldnt get all worked up about him taking your baby....just remember : he cant do anything without you having a say-so in it until there's a court order....so dont let him take your baby if he tries to tell you some more stupid crap..... keep your head up you CAN win!!!!:) :) :)

JaneyS4

*presses tape recorder button*

We interupt the scheduled programing to bring you a public service anouncement. Please avoid all troll droppings in your immediate area. Thank you, this has been a random posting to remove that stinky name from the board. You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled posting, already in progress...This is a recording, this is a recording, this is a recording.......;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">