• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?North Carolina

Hello, my problem is my father's power of attorney won't give any information on what's go on with with my father's property. Me & my sister has tryed to find out is his property be handled properly with no help from her, so we can't find out. what can I do to find out is his property being handled right. He is in a rest home with brain damage and cant be responsible for his self or his proerty.My father was given the attorney after going in drunken induced coma. he is a navy vet. 100% service connected, and was appointed the power of attorney by the courts in 1996. plese help with soom ways I can get this Power of attorney to give some infomation.
Last edited:

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Any transactions done to your father's property (if you are talking about land and or a house) are public record--check at the county courthouse to see if the information is available online or by going to the courthouse to look at the information yourself.

Is the appointed attorney serving as the POA or is the POA another individual who is not the attorney?

If you are talking about your father's bank account information, you need to consult a local attorney to find out your options. The POA may not necessarily be required to tell you anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential