• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father not complying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rmarie

What is the name of your state?kentucky
I am the mom and from Louisiana where the joint custody agreement is filed. The father moved to Mississippi of which was not suppose to move child out of state or up to 75 miles within state without written notification. This did not happen. The father is also to pay $200 per month effective 10/15/2016. I’ve only received $900. I was granted primary domincilary parent. The child, who is 7, lives with me during the school year and is to live in Louisiana with his dad during the summer. The father was also recently jailed for controlled substances and felon charges. Felon carrying a concealed weapon. I am concerned for my child’s safety. I have multiple emails from the father stating his intentions to come take our child from me. The father is now out on bond and has multiple parishes and counties looking for him. I cannot financially take him back to court right now. I am also concerned for my child’s safety if I choose not to comply with the custody agreement. What would be the best decision for me?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state?kentucky
I am the mom and from Louisiana where the joint custody agreement is filed. The father moved to Mississippi of which was not suppose to move child out of state or up to 75 miles within state without written notification. This did not happen. The father is also to pay $200 per month effective 10/15/2016. I’ve only received $900. I was granted primary domincilary parent. The child, who is 7, lives with me during the school year and is to live in Louisiana with his dad during the summer. The father was also recently jailed for controlled substances and felon charges. Felon carrying a concealed weapon. I am concerned for my child’s safety. I have multiple emails from the father stating his intentions to come take our child from me. The father is now out on bond and has multiple parishes and counties looking for him. I cannot financially take him back to court right now. I am also concerned for my child’s safety if I choose not to comply with the custody agreement. What would be the best decision for me?
If he has multiple warrants in multiple parishes then most likely the best thing to do would be to file for an emergency suspension of dad's parenting time rights until such time as he deals with his warrants. You can do it without an attorney if absolutely necessary, but it would be the best and safest thing to do.

Otherwise, I would probably refuse to allow dad to take the child. Most likely most other people here would disagree with me, but I think that the safety of the child has to be foremost concern.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">