• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FATHER OF MY DAUGTHER PASSES AWAY

• Thread starter REBECCA OLLISON-ROSEMAN
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

REBECCA OLLISON-ROSEMAN

ON 04/14/2001 OUR DAUGHTERS FATHER PASSED.I THOUGHT WE HAD A GREAT RELATIONSHIP W/THE WIFE, UNTIL HIS FINAL WEEK.HE HAD A NEWED FIGHT 4 LIFE AFTER SEEING HIS LIL GIRL,ON 03/30-04/02 I DROVE FRM TX 2 IL.HIS WIFE FELT HE WOULDN'T MAKE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND.WE AGREED IT WOULD B GOOD 4 BOTH.AFTER OUR RETURN 2 TX, SHE TOLD ME 04/08 I DIDNT NEED 2 CALL ANYMORE 2 SEE HOW THEY BOTH WERE DOING,IF THERE WAS ANYTHING WE NEEDED 2 KNOW SHE WOULD CALL.SO I GUESS SHE DIDNT FEEL WE NEEDED 2 KNOW HE WAS DISMISSED 04/10,DIDNT NEED 2 KNOW HE WAS READMITTED BY ER 04/12&DIDNT NEED 2 KNOW HE WAS GONE 04/14.I DISMISSED AS GRIEVING,HOWEVER ON 04/16 WE CALLED 2 SEE HOW SHE WAS DOING.SHE BEGAN BY QUESTIONING HOW WE FOUND OUT HE WAS GONE & IF WE WERE SURE OF WHO CALLED US.HIS FAMILY ASK AT THE FUNERAL,B4 LEAVING 2GET A LAWYER 2PROTECT THE INTEREST OF HIS TWO DAUGHTERS,BCUZ SHE STOPPED COMMUNICATING,AFTER THE DEATH. IF SHE WONT DISCUSS A WILL/INSURANCE 4FUNERAL EXPENSES,ETC W/THEM.SHE WONT TELL ME ABOUT THE BANK ACCT 4 COLLEGE W/OUR DAUGHTERS& HER FATHERS NAMES.I HAVE FILED A PETITIONED 2 OPEN THE ESTATE.I FEEL THIS IS TACKY,BUT 2 PROTECT THE 2DAUGHTERS.SINCE SHE HAS OBVIOUSLY CHANGED.SHE WOULDNT LET OUR DAUGHTER GO 2 THE HOUSE 2 GET A KEEPSAKE (SHIRT AND/OR JEWELRY WAS WHAT SHE ASK FOR) SAYING SHE DIDNT FEEL LIKE IT RIGHT NOW BUT WENT 2 THE HOUSE HERSELF AND GOT A HAIRBRUSH 2 GIVE OUR DAUGHTER(OUR DAUGHTER FELT THIS WAS SOMETHING SHE WOULD USE AN LOOSE). HOW DO I FIND OUT ALL I NEED TO KNOW?

dmode101

If you've already a lawyer, it would seem like these are good questions to ask him or her. There are various methods of discovering and taking control of assets. Good luck.

S

Stafford

Rebecca,

I'm going through the same thing. I live in VA and my former husband, who is terminally ill, is in TX. He owes $36,000 in back child support, which I allowed out of sympathy for his illness and to keep the relationship amicable between us and great for our two girls. Only thing I didn't count on was his surprise marriage to someone he professed to greatly dislike. You need an Estate and Probate Lawyer from TEXAS....I don't think I'm allowed to give you a referral on this post, I secured an attorney by going to these websites:

http://www.martindale.com/
http://www.actec.org/
http://www.reptl.org/

Good Luck!
Stafford, VA

R

REBECCA OLLISON-ROSEMAN

STAFFORD,VA
THANK YOU, I HAVE A LAWYER IN ILLIONIS.
I GUESS ALL OF THE QUESTIONS I HAVE NOW, I WILL NEED TO CALL HIM WITH. I LIVE IN TEXAS AND THAT IS A VERY LONG DRIVE, SO I WOULD RATHER MAKE THE CALL.
I WISH YOU LUCK IN YOUR SITUATION. TEXAS IS A CUMMUNITY PROPERTY STATE.
THANK YOU AGAIN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">