• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father owes son $250

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.




My ex husband and his wife owe my son $250. It has been more than 3 years since they were to pay him back and have yet to this day to do so. I have asked repeatedly but to no avail. Is there any way I can make him pay?


Senior Member
"Is there any way I can make him pay?". Short of physically taking the money from his wallet, no, you can't "make" him pay.

However, depending on the circumstances (time, evidence, etc), you might be able to get a judgment against him from your local Small Claims court. Then, with the judgment, you can make an attempt to LEGALLY enforce the judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential