• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father sends threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crimsonwolf

What is the name of your state? virginia

The father sends threats saying to me[child] that if I don't visit him he will cause great legal impact on me and my mom and that we will be on the street eating sandwhiches. He also sent threats saying he will make my moms life a living hell, and he said he wonders if she will like having to look behind her shoulder and fear the darkness. But after that he says he would never hurt me or my mom so he thinks he wont get in trouble for that, but thats clearly a threat. Could I say to the court that he could be dangerous for me to be around if hes threatening like that? Isn't that emotional abuse saying he will make me homeless? He also does not pay any child support. He had a seizure one time and was diagnosed with epilepsy and thinks he cannot work. He is trying to get the government to give him money because he cannot work when he had one seizure in his life. He says he will pay if he gets that, but I think he is just doing that because he plans to take us to court. He also threatens me that my mom may not have a job if I do not visit him.

Last edited:

tigger22472

crimsonwolf said:

The father sends threats saying to me[child] that if I don't visit him he will cause great legal impact on me and my mom and that we will be on the street eating sandwhiches. He also sent threats saying he will make my moms life a living hell, and he said he wonders if she will like having to look behind her shoulder and fear the darkness. But after that he says he would never hurt me or my mom so he thinks he wont get in trouble for that, but thats clearly a threat. Could I say to the court that he could be dangerous for me to be around if hes threatening like that? Isn't that emotional abuse saying he will make me homeless?
Although I in no way, shape or form agree with the way it is being communicated, at least part of what he says could be true. He could cause a 'great legal impact' on your mother and in turn on you if you do not follow any court orders for visitation. You would have to have proof of these threats, more than your word, and even then it's uncertain what a judge would do.

How old are you? Until you are 18 and a court order states so you are to visit your father. Do not take that to mean that it's simply a matter of going to court and saying you don't want to visit. It doesn't work that way. If he wants visitation, he will get it in one form or another unless he's proven unfit and even then it can be supervised if needed.

tigger22472

crimsonwolf said:
He also does not pay any child support. He had a seizure one time and was diagnosed with epilepsy and thinks he cannot work. He is trying to get the government to give him money because he cannot work when he had one seizure in his life. He says he will pay if he gets that, but I think he is just doing that because he plans to take us to court.

If he has applied for social security and can prove that he does have a medical condition there is little that can be done. If he's not paying your mother could take him to court for contempt of child support payments if it is court ordered but don't expect a lot to be done if he can prove an illness and again that he's applied for benefits. He could get the payments reduced (and sometimes ceased all together if he can prove things) and it would be reevaluated if and when he's approved for SS.

This really is NOTHING that you should be involved with and obviously BOTH parents are putting you in the middle.

crimsonwolf

I am 13.. damn I really dont wanna see him at all. I never did before because when I was like 7 I saw him put his hand on my moms throat and cops came but I still went.

Last edited:

tigger22472

crimsonwolf said:
I am 13....
And as stated, you must go as long as a court order states you do AND as I said, both parents are at fault here because these are things you shouldn't even be involved with.

crimsonwolf

I think he might get denied for disability money, if they look at his job history. He has gotten fired from every job he worked at since ive been alive and lost his social worker license for sleeping with the mom of the family he was counceling. I read they deny a lot of people.

tigger22472

crimsonwolf said:
I think he might get denied for disability money, if they look at his job history. He has gotten fired from every job he worked at since ive been alive and lost his social worker license for sleeping with the mom of the family he was counceling. I read they deny a lot of people.

I'm sorry, once again you are way more involved then you should be at this age and I'm not going into a discussion about SS benefits, child support or rights to visitation and orders of contempt with a child.

casa

crimsonwolf said:

The father sends threats saying to me[child] that if I don't visit him he will cause great legal impact on me and my mom and that we will be on the street eating sandwhiches. He also sent threats saying he will make my moms life a living hell, and he said he wonders if she will like having to look behind her shoulder and fear the darkness. But after that he says he would never hurt me or my mom so he thinks he wont get in trouble for that, but thats clearly a threat. Could I say to the court that he could be dangerous for me to be around if hes threatening like that? Isn't that emotional abuse saying he will make me homeless? He also does not pay any child support. He had a seizure one time and was diagnosed with epilepsy and thinks he cannot work. He is trying to get the government to give him money because he cannot work when he had one seizure in his life. He says he will pay if he gets that, but I think he is just doing that because he plans to take us to court. He also threatens me that my mom may not have a job if I do not visit him.
Tell your Mom to come post on this forum- and she can be given some direction to help your situation.

Also, have you asked for counseling? It might help you find a way to deal with this situation and not carry the burden of protecting your mother at such a young age.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">