• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thenewblackhand

North Carolina is the state i reside. Ok This has been about 3 years now. My father passed away in a car accident in 2007 naming me and my aunt as beneficiaries. 50% each. My father told me my aunt was to give me the money at a later date. My aunt is saying she knows nothing about this and has not intentions of giving me the other half of the policy. Being there is nothing written do i have a legal standpoint to fight this or should i just chalk it up. Any help would be appreciated. She also has 15 acres of land that my father had in her name that should be mine. I am beginning to think I will not receive any of this.
:confused:

anteater

You have some inconsistent statements:

...naming me and my aunt as beneficiaries. 50% each.
Being there is nothing written...
Where were you & aunt named beneficiaries?

If father named the aunt as the Primary beneficiary on the life insurance policy contract, then she is entitled to the proceeds. If both of you were primary beneficiaries, then she should not have been able to get her hands on the entire proceeds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">