• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers Rights Coalition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Has anyone heard of or had any experience with this group? They offer a book called "Lower Your Child Support Without an Atorney." One of the things they say you can do is study successful modification petitions requesting an order reducing support payments by reading files containing petitions at your courthouse for free or minimal cost. Can you really do that and how would you go about it? Call the courthouse and say "I'd like to look at successful child support modification petitions?" Anyone have any thoughts about this?


Senior Member
court decisions are a matter of public record.

most court records are kept by case #,plantiff/respondent information or subject - they aren't really classified as win/lose, etc.

depending on rather or not your courthouse is computerized will be a big help. then you could just search the data banks and pull the files that you need to view. which will be a lot of reading.

if they aren't, then you are going to need the help of the court clerks sorting through it all. i don't know about the costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential