• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father's rights??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

golfboy

In Georgia, what does the law say about transportation of the child for visitation? Does the custodial parent have any responsability if the parents live far apart? If you have any answers, I would also like a reference to the law. I could not find anything specific. thanks

luna-mia

Well golfboy -- if its anything like my dh's court orders...waitinMD is correct. You probably have the same "fair and reasonable visitation" clause that he has. WHICH means nothing. Fair and reasonable?? What kind of blanket term is that?

Even after my dh's x moved out of state and took his dd with her -- the judge or his lawyer didn't care about that part. Sounds to me that if you DO have a court order it needs to be changed or modified. Best of luck

LdiJ

golfboy said:
In Georgia, what does the law say about transportation of the child for visitation? Does the custodial parent have any responsability if the parents live far apart? If you have any answers, I would also like a reference to the law. I could not find anything specific. thanks
1) Do you have any orders and what do they say?

2) Who moved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">