• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i'm from Georgia. my situation is, i had a child while separated from my husband (at the time, still legally married, currently remarried). paternity has been established and a court order for support is in place. he wants to legitimate the child and I don't (the child carries my married last name). his only right is to pay the support. can support be withheld if I don't legitimate the child? he has left the state and I will soon be leaving the country. what legal action will be taken against me if i continue to avoid the legitimation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential