• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father's Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MARTHA CURRY

What is the name of your state? MARYLAND. BUT MY FATHER RESIDED IN MAINE UNTIL HE PASSED AWAY. HIS WIFE QUICKLY SOLD THE HOUSE AND MOVED EVERYTHING TO FLORIDA 2 WEEKS AFTER HIS DEATH. NOW ALL HER CHILDREN - NONE OF MY FATHERS- ARE SELLING THEIR HOMES AND MOVING DOWN TO THE SAME COMMUNITY IN FLORIDA TO RETIRE. SHE REFUSES TO SHOW US THE WILL AND SAID THAT MY FATHER DIDNT LEAVE US ANYTHING, BUT LEFT IT ALL TO HER AND HER CHILDREN. WE JUST WANTED TO SEE A COPY SO WE COULD SEE THAT WE WERENT LEFT ANYTHING FOR OURSELVES. SHE REFUSES. NO WE ARE TOLD WE HAVE TO FILE WHATS CALLED A 'DEMAND FOR NOTICE'. IN ALL HONESTLY, ARE WE ALL SCREWED BECAUSE THE WILL WAS NEVER FILED WITH THE STATE? MY FATHER TOLD US BEFORE HIS DEALTH THAT WE WERE ALL TAKEN CARE OF NICELY. I KNOW THIS WOMAN IS TELLING A LIE, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT HE DID NOT REALLY CARE FOR HER KIDS BECAUSE THEY NEVER HELD JOBS OR HAD ANYTHING GOING FOR THEMSELVES. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION? HELP!

ktarra617

I don't want to seem like we don't want to help but I think this question belongs in the probate section. This particular forum deals specifically with child custody support and visitation.

The laws regarding probate and wills are a whole other animal and can be quite complicated. I would suggest reposting your question in the probate law to get an answer more specific to your situation.

I wish you the best of luck.

A

ahutchGA

wrong forum

Please post this question in the Wills and Probate forum. Someone there will be able to help you.

Thanks!
:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">