• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FBI arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AEGee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I know of an associate who was recently taken in handcuffs from his business office by the FBI. Where would one find the charges/information for the basis of the apprehension? Would it be available at the federal court house? Is it public information?

Silverplum

I know of an associate who was recently taken in handcuffs from his business office by the FBI. Where would one find the charges/information for the basis of the apprehension? Would it be available at the federal court house? Is it public information?
You're asking how to be nosy?

:rolleyes:

quincy

There may not be any information publicly available, depending on facts surrounding the FBI's interest in your associate.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Maybe you can ask your "associate".

Bali Hai

I don't understand the quotes around associate? Generally that means a business collegue (I know that is spelled wrong but I cannot figure out why).
I believe the quotations around associate mean complicit but I may be wrong.

aardvarc

It might be public information IF the arrest pertains ONLY to this individual. If it involves OTHERS or is a larger case that is still being investigated with more arrests to come, the information may not be available. If you want to check, go to the website for the appropriate federal district court (there are 4 in California) and search the docket by last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">