• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? AR

Some months ago, I posted asking how I go about getting help with child support, wasn't getting anywhere with CSE. Some of ya'll advised emailing and calling various "higher ups" to get something done. I did just that and got immediate results, so thanks alot!!

Ex lives in Illinois, I live in Arkansas, divorce/CS order in Arkansas. Divorced in March 1998, he was ordered to $216.00 per week and has never paid a dime or visited the kids. He is over $50,000 in arrears. He has never been to jail and never showed up for 2 court dates. At the last court, he was ordered picked up and sentenced to 90 days in jail. Nothing ever happened.

We finally had him served and court date set, he didn't show again.. Judge issued a $5,000 cash bond, began criminal proceedings at CSE request. The next day, CSE called and advised me paperwork was being sent in to open a federal case. When I asked what happens with a federal case, she replied she really didn't know, this was the first one they have ever opened. She just said we should be able to get him now.

Do any of ya'll know how the federal case works? Also, on the paperwork I received in the mail, it is ordered that his parental rights be terminated. I didn't request this.....I mean, I don't really care, but is that something that goes along with opening a federal case?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential