• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal crime victims in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wavfact

I am not sure where to post this so I am posting it under Government Other..

Let me start this by some background and post my question at the bottom..

a couple years ago, our business partner (who was a silent partner) was not happy with the information our CPA accountant was sending him so rather than go the legal route, he decided to go the criminal route. He broke into our office and installed a keylogger onto our computers. This allowed him to obtain the passwords to our private accounts. He then tried to log into my personal bank account but the bank's site monitor's IP's. So he logged into my vonage account, forwarded my personal home phone to his home phone. The called it with his cell phone several times to insure it worked then used my banks call-back verification system to obtain access to my private bank account. He also was able to get into our business account which his name was not on. While there, the IP logs showed he went thru every bank statement available. He then tried to sign up for the bill pay service in the attempt to send himself money (which he failed at).

He then logged into our QuickBooks online account, changed the ownership details, email addresses and passwords to his own thus locking us out of our financial records (to this day we are still locked out!). I even got a court order for Intuit to release my financial records to me but since it said "Intuit, Inc." stead of their real name "Intuit Corp" they refused..

He logged into my personal email account and downloaded all my emails (I had 44,000 store on the servers dating back years and years). Since he used the POP3 protocol, when the emails were downloaded, they were also deleted from the server! I buy everything both personal and business online so all those receipts are gone now.

He also logged into all my credit card accounts and downloaded the statements. He later had the nerve to demand clarification of some purchased on my personal credit cards!

We immediately called the FBI when we learned what was going on. They were able to trace every step back to him via phone numbers and IP addresses. They obtained a search warrant and raided his house and seized documents, computers, etc.. After their investigation they said the trail back to him is rock solid (exact words: "he hung himself") and handed it over to the federal prosecutor..

While this was going on, we were attending a large tradeshow 5 states away. While working our booth this guy shows up and in front of our customers said that if we don't tell the FBI we no longer wish to prosecute him he would use my personal emails to get family members into trouble! Threatening me and my sister who email me advice on various topics over the years. I asked him how he knew that when the FBI took his computers and his response was "thank god for backups". I again immediate phoned the FBI to let them know what just happened. He crossed state lines to intimidate a federal witness! My god! the emails he has is mind numbing.. All my personal and private details, emails back and forth to my lawyer, my doctor, friends, family.. Everything! I feel very depressed that my life is know by someone else now.

Since I no longer had my financial records, the IRS seems to be on a personal crusade to ruin my life! Even attached a levy on me!

Over the last 2 years I have been emailed and calling the federal prosecutor here in Ohio trying to get a status and each time requesting a meeting with them. Yesterday I get an email from the FBI saying the prosecutor has declined the case because there is no apparent financial loss! How can this be!!?? They never once talked to us at all and ignored every attempt to discuss this case with them. This has destroyed our life, ruin our business and put me into big IRS troubles.. not to mention the legal fee's I have suffered as a result. I can tell from talking to the FBI agent involved they want this case to move forward, they have a solid case, cut & dry..

What can I do? can I sue the Federal Prosecutor for failure to do their job? This is a total shock to us.. I couldn't sleep a wink last night think about this (as this whole this has caused many sleepless nights already). We feel betrayed by the DOJ.. The justice system has clearly failed us.. What if anything can we do?

Crime Victim in Ohio..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">