• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal or state court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj

Do you have to wait for the eeoc to issue a letter to sue to bring a state claim.

Case was not crossfiled with the division of civil rights when eeoc charge was filed.

What happens if there is a pending eeoc claim but a complaint is filed in state court?

Thank you.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
And I acknowledge a few of my faults. Why not just ban me. Did I not ask a legal question? Is check post history your go to?
You're using two different logins? You're that desperate for attention?!

Dude. Get a hobby. Go outside. Do something.

(But please make sure your guardian is with you at all times so you don't hurt yourself)

NIV

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj

Do you have to wait for the eeoc to issue a letter to sue to bring a state claim.

Case was not crossfiled with the division of civil rights when eeoc charge was filed.

What happens if there is a pending eeoc claim but a complaint is filed in state court?

Thank you.
Does your cause of action require you to exhaust your administrative remedies first?

the person in question is not always of sound mind, but even if he wanted to he was not able to use the administrative remedies due to the state agency having a conflict of interest. Only option for state was file in superior court. However, he went to eeoc... when asked if they wanted to cross file he told them he was told he couldn't. Nj does not require administrative remedies but federal does. Statute of limitations for state claim is up in about 6 months. Eeoc needs to do investigating still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">