• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

federal parent locator service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jude60

What is the name of your state? OH

How do I get the number for this locator service and will I be to provide information concerning the whereabouts of someone who has eluded from paying child support? And what would they do since he kept himself from working. Is jail time all that they can do to him?

karma1

Jude60 said:
What is the name of your state? OH

How do I get the number for this locator service and will I be to provide information concerning the whereabouts of someone who has eluded from paying child support? And what would they do since he kept himself from working. Is jail time all that they can do to him?
You want an execution maybe? That last statement really through me-
Keeping himself from working doesnot release a support obligation if it is court ordered-
that would be the first step if it is not court ordered-get a support order in place.
not an attorney-just BTDT
good luck

VeronicaGia

CSE is supposed to do that for you. If he has been at the same employer for a long time, or if he is unemployed or working under the table, he will be hard to find.

J

Jude60

I know where he lives and I want to turn him in to the local authorities, but I don't know how to go about it. It really pisses me off that he can get away with it and nothing being done about it.

J

Jude60

I just asked what will be done when he has a warrant out for him what will happen if they find and arrest him. I wish he would get jail time because I know he will suffer. This is too complicated and long to get into, I probably won't get the answer I'm looking for.

kat1963

If you don't get the answer you are looking for that is because you haven't bothered to respond to the question(s) that have been asked of you. You only gave minimal information; we can't offer advice on just that much. Concerning your first question, if there is a parent locator service, why would you need it when you know where he lives??? IF there is a warrant, get a copy & fax it to the sheriff where he lives.
If you provide more details, you’ll get more detailed answers.
KAT

J

Jude60

I just got sarcastic remarks, so I am I no longer interesed in getting advice. As it is stated, Be brief and to the Point. Thank you.

Last edited:

kat1963

Then go PAY for legal advice then. You give NOTHING to go on. You give NO details...go to a lawyer with what you JUST AND ONLY posted, see if he/she doesn't ask questions....details ARE important. NOT the emotional kind, but about your case, which is what you were asked and to what you have refused to respond to, despite repeated requests to do so.
KAT

Whyte Noise

Yes, be brief and to the point... but you also have to give people enough information to give you the right advice. You were asked if the support was court ordered or not, and you never answered that. If it's NOT, then nothing can be done. If it IS, then there are procedures to go through.

You said you probably wouldn't get the answer you were looking for. You're probably right. You came asking about a parent locator service, and yet you say you know where he lives. So why ask about the service? Going by your posts, we have no idea what in the hell you are really asking. We can only give advice on what you tell us. And if you don't say what it is you want answers to, how can you expect us to answer? All we can surmise is that you want to thow someone in jail for not paying support. OK. And.....???? Is the support court ordered? Is there an income deduction order thru CSE? Is there a current warrant for contempt? If we don't know these things, we can't give you advice on what to do.

You got a lot more than sarcastic remarks. VeronicaGia told you that CSE should have done this. IF CSE has the income deduction order that is. Do they? you haven't answered that, so we don't know what to tell you. Kat told you to take the warrant (if there is one, because you never cleared that up either) to the local sheriff. And now, I'll give you some sound advice.... if someone has a warrant for them, and they are arrested on that, then yeah..... they do go to jail. That's what getting arrested is. If the answer you were looking for that you think you arent going to get is "Yeah, turn him in, nail his balls to the wall!" then.... NO, that's not the answer you're going to get here. Not without the correct information. We aren't going to tell you to have someone arrested for contempt if there is never a court order to start with. It can't be done. THAT'S why you were asked questions. So you WOULD get the correct advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">