• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Suits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcanova

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I'm neither here or there on the situation, however in my Google alerts for Obama and McCain today I received one about the law suit of Berg vs. Obama, DNC and FEC. Claiming that Obama is not eligible to run for POTUS as he is not a "Natural Born Citizen" After reading the ruling I see the case was thrown out because Berg does not have a standing to file the suit, upon reading the ruling (http://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/08D1256P.pdf) I understand it that nobody has a legal standing to pursue this issue.

If a citizen does not have the legal standing pursue this, then who or what body does?

divona2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I'm neither here or there on the situation, however in my Google alerts for Obama and McCain today I received one about the law suit of Berg vs. Obama, DNC and FEC. Claiming that Obama is not eligible to run for POTUS as he is not a "Natural Born Citizen" After reading the ruling I see the case was thrown out because Berg does not have a standing to file the suit, upon reading the ruling (http://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/08D1256P.pdf) I understand it that nobody has a legal standing to pursue this issue.

If a citizen does not have the legal standing pursue this, then who or what body does?
Nobody is going to pursue "Obama is not eligible", because Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961. Hawaii became a state in 1959, and it was a US Territory before that.

kcanova

That is not what I asked

Nobody is going to pursue "Obama is not eligible", because Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961. Hawaii became a state in 1959, and it was a US Territory before that.
Again I can care less about the outcome of this as I'm sure the FEC and DNC did their due diligence.

What I am asking is this, and I would hope I would get a professional reply and not some political hack statement: The suite was dismissed because the courts stated Berg does not have a standing, which is fine by me. However my question stems from reading the ruling and the cases listed as reference, a legal citizen does not have the standing to file suit to uphold the Constitution (basis of Bergs suit which states Obama is not eligible because he does not meet the standards set forth in Article 4 of the Constitution). If a citizen does not have the standing then what body does have the standing to do so if any?

This is a procedural question nothing more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">