• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fedex damaged property making delivery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gcrawdad68

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I received a message notification from Fedex that my package was delivered. Walked outside right away to retrieve it and noticed that one of the two large bushes at the end of the drive was badly damaged. There's a gaping hole in the middle where a thick branch was torn out. That and several other branches were pulled out toward the street. Clearly, the vehicle was exiting the driveway. These bushes are about 6 or 7 feet in diameter. I don't think a Fedex truck would fit between them. The problem is I did not see it happen. I had been out there to get the mail about 15-30 minutes before and there was no damage. I see how they could easily deny responsibility but do I have any chance without the driver's confession? In addition, the address on the package was not remotely similar to mine but I was expecting a package that day.

adjusterjack

I see how they could easily deny responsibility but do I have any chance without the driver's confession?
Last time I checked, nobody here was clairvoyant.

File a claim with FedEx ASAP. I'm sure that there is a process on their website.

Probably not going to be much money in it. Bushes grow back and can be trimmed back to their original shape. See if you can get a yardman to give you an estimate for straightening them out.

gcrawdad68

Last time I checked, nobody here was clairvoyant.

File a claim with FedEx ASAP. I'm sure that there is a process on their website.

Probably not going to be much money in it. Bushes grow back and can be trimmed back to their original shape. See if you can get a yardman to give you an estimate for straightening them out.
Thanks, so quick! I did file a claim right away. I hope you're right about it growing back. But it's a large hole right in the middle and looks awful from the street. Glad I'm not selling the house. I was thinking they might have to replace both bushes which could get costly.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The problem I see is that you don't have any evidence that it was the Fedex truck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">