• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feed Contract/Payment Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cowman

By error, the business that was holding the contracts on our feed bill accidentally sent them to us as paid. Do we still owe the money. Since we didn't pay the contract off in the amount of time stated, they penalized us and increased the interest rate. We have been in a dispute and they have contacted a lawyer. We made an offer to pay them $10,000 which is less than the amount they say we owe. Although, now they accidently sent all of the contracts to us as paid. They sent us a letter by Federal Express asking us to return the paid contracts. Legally do we still owe the money, since the original contracts are in our hands stamped paid.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes, you owe the money and any bad news that came with not being upfront about it in the first place.

See, you KNEW these contracts were not paid.

The law says that if the first party sends you the contract as paid and you didn't know any different, you are not responsible. I.e. thought you paid or can show proof you did.

But if they send you the contract and you knew it was a mistake, you need to contact them and rectify it. Sorry, you lose on this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">