• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling helpless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Texas

My ex husband and I have been divorced for over a year and separated for over two. My story is probably quite typical. I have full custody and he has typical visitation. He doesn't fulfill his obligations to paying child support. He used to communicate about once a month or so with a phone call. He now calls about that often and emails my son once a week or so. We live about 400 miles away. Everytime he has had him for visitation I have brought my son to him and taken on 100% of the expense just so my son could see him. The Decree states that he is responsible for 100% of travel expenses. With the price of fuel I really can't do that anymore. He and his live-in girlfriend email my son and tell him that his dad calls him all the time and that I don't answer the phone which is absolutley not true and they also emailed him and told him that they think their emails to him are being deleted and that isn't true. They have sent me letters in the mail telling me very childish off the wall stuff like they had naked pictures of me on the internet and telling me how fat and ugly I am.They have also threatened to try and take custody away from me if I force him to pay child support. I have never responded but I have all the correspondence in safe keeping in case I ever need it. I figure it best to just not respond to any of it. I would like nothing more than my son to have a relationship with his father and for everyone to act like adults but no matter what I do or don't do I can't change anything.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks


Senior Member
I am not really sure what you're asking but I'll take a stab at it.

1. File contempt for non-payments of CS. He can try to file for custody but it is a slim to none chance for him.

2. If he is to provide transportation, make him do it. With no CS and gas prices at nearly $3 a gal., I wouldn't do it.


Junior Member
I am not really asking anything in particular just wanting some insight from others......Thanks for your advice!! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential