• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fell while working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I worked for an Architect as a receptionist and in February I was sent out to take documents to a client. When leaving the clients place of business, I fell down the stairs. See, he had 3 large steps followed by one small step, then pavement. When I fell I landed with my wrist bent upward. The next day I went to the doctor and was informed it was sprained, and put in a splint.

My old employer wanted me to use worker's comp for it, he didn't really want the client to be in trouble since he was a very important client.

Since the accident, anytime I type alot or pick up anything heavy with my left hand, my wrist hurts for days or even weeks afterwards. i usually resort to putting the splint back on it.

I no longer work for the architect so am I still able to see a doctor through workers comp, or do I need to involve the client who's place I actually fell?



usually, you must go through your employers workmans compensation, since you were injured during the course of performing your duites and even though offsite, they were within the scope of your employment...
This does not constitute legal advice just information in general about where to start looking...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential