• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Boundover Charges for Trial.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwa5659

Following is a link to what I think will answer your original question. The link is to the Circuit Clerk Manual (2016). See Chapter 2, Case Number Assignment, 2-1 et seq:
http://www.courtswv.gov/court-administration/court-services/2016CircuitClerkManual.pdf
quiny I've been to that. I know what you are bringing out. Look at 2.2 CRIMINAL CASE NUMBERING -ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS. 2.1 covers the Actual Main Case File itself. Such as the Main Case file may have the 10 - F - 25 - (with Court such is assigned). The Criminal Complaints and Warrants of Arrest have their own numbers. Would be like a sub folder to the Actual Case File 10 - F -25 Where the Criminal Complaints and Warrants of Arrest with numbers 10F- 325, and 10F-326 would go into such. Look at paragraph 4 of 2.2 it says, "Upon indictment or the filing of an information, an "F" or "M" case number replaces the "B" number, and a separate number should be assigned for every indictment or information filed against an individual." The information would be that an action of a Direct Indictment.
From my understanding when the Criminal Complaint is in the Magistrate Court it has a 10F-325 number. When moved to the Circuit Court awaiting going to the Grand Jury it has a 10 - B- 325 number as boundover. If the Actual Main Case file number is like 10-F-25, I believe that when it comes from the Grand Jury with a True-Bill Indictment each of the separate Charges of the Indictment, with it's own Criminal Case number, comes back to the Circuit Court again with the Criminal Case File number with a letter F like 10F- 325 and 10F-326 number as 2.2 reveals. If it is Misdemeanor charge it would be with a letter M and show as 10M-325 and 10-M-325 and be placed into the Actual Main Case File 10-F-25. And should appear on the Docket Case as such with a Case File number with a letter F for each Count of the Indictment under the Actual Main CAse file number 10-F-25 That is my understanding of this, and again I may be wrong. That's what I'm trying to verify from someone who knows and has dealt with such.

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Your "family member" should be speaking to their attorney about their case and you shouldn't be trying to play Perry Mason. I'm sure the attorney is much better able to judge whether there is an "injustice" involved and take appropriate action if needed.

rwa5659

Your "family member" should be speaking to their attorney about their case and you shouldn't be trying to play Perry Mason. I'm sure the attorney is much better able to judge whether there is an "injustice" involved and take appropriate action if needed.
Believe me I would love to turn this over to an attorney right this very minute if we could afford one. It has been family members actions as you say playing Perry Mason, that his kept the case still alive for our family member.

quincy

Believe me I would love to turn this over to an attorney right this very minute if we could afford one. It has been family members actions as you say playing Perry Mason, that his kept the case still alive for our family member.
If you believe there is an injustice, you can contact your area ACLU for direction. If you are seeing injustice in case number assignments, however, I see no injustice there.

Your family member really should rely on his public defender for information and advice. It is understandable that family members want to help but there is often little they can do except provide emotional support. Legal support should come from the attorney representing your relative.

rwa5659

Unless these were misdemeanor charges, there should be no M.
Well quincy I thank you for what you for your time you have spent on this. We have nowhere to turn but to the ACLU and bring out such newly discovered evidence and hope and pray that someone there can help with this. I thank all those whom even took their valuable time to even view this and for their assistance here. If anyone has anything else, just type it in and I think I'll will get an email notification and when I have time I can look at them give a reply.

Oh, and by the way, the only thing in the Court Docket of this Case is the title of the Code Violations. NOT ONE Case File Number appears, and as documented, the BK# (is blank) and the Page # (is blank) as to where such was even recorded into the records of the Court itself. So maybe that tells it all.

Thanks again all.

quincy

Well quincy I thank you for what you for your time you have spent on this. We have nowhere to turn but to the ACLU and bring out such newly discovered evidence and hope and pray that someone there can help with this. I thank all those whom even took their valuable time to even view this and for their assistance here. If anyone has anything else, just type it in and I think I'll will get an email notification and when I have time I can look at them give a reply.

Oh, and by the way, the only thing in the Court Docket of this Case is the title of the Code Violations. NOT ONE Case File Number appears, and as documented, the BK# (is blank) and the Page # (is blank) as to where such was even recorded into the records of the Court itself. So maybe that tells it all.

Thanks again all.
We all appreciate the thanks, rwa5659, so thank you.

I wish there was more that this forum could do to assist you and your family but unfortunately the assistance we can offer is limited in scope.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">