• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence Company Damaged Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1210a

-What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Hello,

I hired a fence company to add a 10 foot section of fence with a gate in the front of my home. After the installation was completed and after I came home from work I reviewed their work. They apparently didn't measure correctly one of the 8 foot poles and forced it to fit and damaged the painted facia board that hangs over the soffit area.

I sent pictures of the damage to the fence company and they apologized. I told them I want the board replaced, they said it was too small in terms of damage and would not replace it. They would "form it back to original shape with putty and attempt to paint to match" Well, it looks terrible.

In an attempt to move the pole away from the home (which I wasn't aware they were going to do) they unscrewed the brackets and moved them on the wood. I now have 24 holes in a freshly installed fence.

I contacted the owner stating I was not pleased with the quality of the installation and would be seeking estimates on the fascia board replacement. I also told them, the boards with the holes need to be replaced. The estimates from two contractors was that it would be between 500-600 to replace the damaged fascia board. I told the fence company this information and they stated they will not fix it and the holes can simply be filled in with wood putty by the homeowner. They are demanding I pay them their remaining half for the job.

What are my options now and should I pay the remainder now?

Thx

adjusterjack

The problem with owing them money is that they can put a lien on your house and sue you for it.

If your beef is that they owe you money to fix the job I suggest you sue them first and get a judge to decide who owes who what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">