• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slick24

What is the name of your state? missouri can i put a fence right on the line or do i have to have it so many feet away and any certain height or can it be as high as i want the neighbor has a fence and i'm not forsure it may be right on the line just kinda wondering i would like to fence mine in also thanks

H

hexeliebe

Sure you can. As long as the fence is no wider than the line. That would make it about 1mm thick. Not much good for a fence.

JETX

"can i put a fence right on the line or do i have to have it so many feet away"
*** You can put your fence at any place you want, as long as it is on YOUR property.

"and any certain height or can it be as high as i want"
*** Unless you have some local restrictions (zoning, deed restrictions, etc.) you can build the fence as high as you want.

H

hexeliebe

I used to have a very high fence, but then he got busted with a bunch of estate jewlery that didn't belong to him :D

nextwife

Defence, huh? good one.

Writer, misplaced fences, driveways, and garages adjacent to lot lines built without benefit of survey create a real potential legal headache. In addition to being certain you are in compliance with local building codes/ordinances and that you pull any permits that may be required in your municipality, you need to be very certain of placement and that you don't inadvertantly create an encroachment or a future adverse possession problem by misplacing this or that side of lot line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">