• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fencepost fender bender. Will claim raise premium?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taglaca

What is the name of your state? California

Turned too sharply out of a driveway and front fender hit a fencepost causing a small dent and scrape to fender and pulled bumper out slightly. Being a BMW, the claim/adjuster appraisal will most certainly be more than $1200. However, ever after the $500 deductible, I can probably get it repaired for around $700 (no lien holder on car).

Will this claim count against me and make my annual premium go up?

Since it was a stationary object, will this count as a "moving collision"?

Just want to know how this might end up hurting me financially in the long run. :confused:

Appreciatively,
MT

teflon_jones

You need to talk to your insurance agent to see if this will affect your premium. This is an accident (call it a "moving collision" or what have you). Some insurance companies will allow for one free (you still pay the deductible, but no surcharge) small incident every 7 years for very safe drivers. Some won't.

Most likely, it'll be better for you to just pay out of pocket for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">