• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

feud with landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magi376

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have pets...my lease says I CAN have pets...my landlord found out about pets...she wants me out...I had earlier this year gotten very sick and was late on rent ...immediately she got a quit notice...I was in hospital and I still paid in time...but we agreed I'll leave at the end of this month...but now she's talking to other tenents and saying I am a criminal(NOT true)...and telling others my girlfriend is a criminal too(NOT true either) so do not talk to them. I should of been more careful because when I moved in she told me not to talk to the other tenents and everyone got the same dictate. Big warning sign!

Anyways...I was wondering...I would kind of like to go out with a bang...give her a little payback and I noticed this building has a dirt basement and she put poison out and I see dead rats in parking lot(this is actually a pretty nice building and in good area)
As I understand it dirt basements are a big no-no(one half is cemented and the other half is simple dirt floor)...just how much trouble would she get into if any if it was reported and to whom do you report something like this?

I know this is petty(I never said I was perfect myself) but she has been doing things to us for three months now and I am kind of looking for a bit of revenge...I have never run into someone like this before. Thanks for any help!

M

michael parks

As long as you have a long term signed lease you are obligated to pay rent till it ends, if you leave she will sue you in court for breaking it...neat kewl!

Call the city housing or zoning inspector and ask if a dirt basement is illegal and have them come over.

Remember she cannot ask you to leave verbally and NEITHER can you.

A

annefan1000

You could always file a Defamation of Character suit. Then again, if I were you, I'd just walk quietly and learn from the experience.

magi376

landlord feud

Wisconsin

She attepted to get me evicted(I was all paid up and have caused no problems so she failed)...however in my opinion this aggravation with her is more trouble than this apartment is worth and we(both her and myself) agreed(in writing) I would leave at the end of this month(Sept)...so lease concerns are NOT an issue.

This pet thing is so nuts...there are 6 units in this building and at LEAST 3 apartments have dogs...personally I think the whole thing stems from the fact that my apartment was where SHE was living but she had moved to CA and now is back and wants her place back.(she's staying with relatives now and is driving THEM crazy or so I've been told)

Anyways this boloney has been going on for 3 months and I would really like some payback...is there an online place I can check laws concerning this building? She also added doors in back and made changes to windows and removed an inner wall in my /her apartment with out getting permission from any city authorities(according to another tenent who has been here for 15 years) not including the dirt floor in basement.

So is there anyway of checking all this online?

A

annefan1000

Be careful of your penchant for payback...it will bite you back when you least expect it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">