• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiance and I broke up, she moved out...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? PA

Is it legal for me to change the lock. She moved out last weekend when i wasnt here. She has come twice during the week to get her stuff. Some small things still here but nothing that she would need right away. Anyways, am i legally allowed to not let her in since she isnt paying for the house (which is in both our names) and she has moved her residense. What is the deal on this? Keep in mind we are not married, but the house is in both our names.


SVTCobraLTD said:
house (which is in both our names)
Your in a world of hurt.

Quote from one of the many GF/BF lets buy a house threads:

pojo2 said:
Since you are about to do something absolutely foolish, just read the thousands of post on my boy/girl friend split now he wants his/her share of the equity, then get an Atty to draw up an iron clad CONTRACT on what happens when the split happens. Before even saying it I am sure those thousands posted herein didn't think they would ever split either!

If you are going to enter into this with a person with which you have no legal relationship then cover your assets by going to an Atty!
Your Ex-Girlfriend has every right to enter HER house (as she is a co-owner). If she paid for anything else in the relationship she can claim you paid for the house and she paid <insert random cost here>.
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential