• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiancee Visa (Inadmissibility?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

genewbie

hi!
me and my fiance have filed an K1 visa application and all is going smooth so far. i already received my interview date but im a little anxious about it.

You see, 7 years ago, that was 1996 to be exact (i was 15 years old then),i was requested by my father to go visit him in the US, all i have to do according to him was join this group who are to perform in the US, and so I did.The organizer
apparently was a friend of his, so he included me after some practices.

So we were able to go to the US(for 2mos) but then I think there was a problem that we were called to an office there in the US.
Im sorry, i was pretty young then so I dont remember the full details. All i remember was the man asked me if i saw my father
and i said i did.Apparently, my father has entered the US illegally.A week after that, we went back home.But i think the organizer's visa was revoked or something like that.My father, after that incident, decided not to contact me or any of our family anymore.All we got are some divorce papers.

Some few years after that incident, I was asked by my aunt to go visit her so I tried applying for a tourist visa. The consul was kind and was about to give me a visa (or so I think when she was about to hand me a some-sort-of post-it note) then she checked her computer or something, then she asked me what happened Year 1996. I was surprised
but then i tried to explain to her,then she said..she has to deny me, she didnt say why.

Now,I am scheduled again for an interview. This time, I am petitioned by my fiancee.He says, I have nothing to worry about. But Im still nervous. Could u please advise me on this matter. Do you think I would be denied or something? If so, what should i do?

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

I

Immigrantguide

You should not be responsible for what you father did. However, you need an attorney to determine if you qualify for a waiver. First the attorney would need to get you file to determine what happened.

G

genewbie

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your reply...and more power!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">