I have a contract on a home in which the buyer wanted the closing date moved up for a fatster closing and we agreed. We also agreed to remove a contingency (on the sale of our home). As it turned out we were not able to close withing the new specified period and we asked for an extension but the buyer's agent stated they would not extend and sent a fax to my agent saying and I quote "Please be advised that if you do not close on or before Sat. May 5, 2001, we will sell the property to our back up buyers." I even pleaded with this man personally to not let our contract fall through. We even offered 1,000 additional ernest money, nonrefundable and he said no. So we came to the conclusion at the end of last week there was nothing we could do but to terminate and let it go. We have to be out of our home on the 17th of May. So, this weekend we went out and looked again at homes and we found one and the people can be out quickly ect. We made an offer and they accepted and on Sunday we signed a contract - contingent upon our termination with the first home. As of this morning, the sellers of this first home we contracted with have not yet signed the termination and we can't go forward. They have as much told us that their back up buyers have fallen through and now in a strange twist they are trying to hold us to the contract, saying they will now accept the extension ect. We no longer want the home and feel like they can't just jerk us around like this plus we feel somewhat obligated to the owners of the second home. Can the buyers of the first house hold us to the contract? Our agent doesn't know what to do and is basically telling us to seek legal advice. Please help!