• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fictive kin and foster care for abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Foxsocks

Due to abusive parents, should I be put in a position to get into foster care, could I ask to be placed with a fictive kin? I'm 16 which as an older youth, it's hard to find a foster home. I live in Washington state.
My boyfriend's aunt took care of me for 4 months while my parents and I fought. I respect her greatly and feel more at home over there then at my own home. I'm able to go there on weekends.
I was just put on as an at youth risk because my parents falsey promised me a good life if I pretended I was indeed the problem.
I used to be a runaway over the abuse but haven't spoken out yet. Tomorrow I'm calling my attorney and showing him pictures of bruises on my arms from being thrown and kicked. I also suffered years of emotional abuse, hard to show evidence for but I will try my best to convey it.
Is it likely I could get placed with his aunt?
Or would I be placed in foster care or another option?
Thank you~

LdiJ

Due to abusive parents, should I be put in a position to get into foster care, could I ask to be placed with a fictive kin? I'm 16 which as an older youth, it's hard to find a foster home. I live in Washington state.
My boyfriend's aunt took care of me for 4 months while my parents and I fought. I respect her greatly and feel more at home over there then at my own home. I'm able to go there on weekends.
I was just put on as an at youth risk because my parents falsey promised me a good life if I pretended I was indeed the problem.
I used to be a runaway over the abuse but haven't spoken out yet. Tomorrow I'm calling my attorney and showing him pictures of bruises on my arms from being thrown and kicked. I also suffered years of emotional abuse, hard to show evidence for but I will try my best to convey it.
Is it likely I could get placed with his aunt?
Or would I be placed in foster care or another option?
Thank you~
If you are removed from your parents you will be placed in foster care. The odds of you being placed with your boyfriend's aunt, even if she is an official foster care provider are slim to none.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you are removed from your parents you will be placed in foster care. The odds of you being placed with your boyfriend's aunt, even if she is an official foster care provider are slim to none.
That is not necessarily true based upon the hierarchy of where they want to place children. I really wish you would quit responding regarding things you know nothing about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">