• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting parents in FLorida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anniepooh30

What is the name of your state? Florida
my fiance's ex wife is threatening to take the kids and move 200 hundred miles away b/cuz she knows that my fiance is wanting custody of the kids. they are not being taken care of and i personally think they would be better off with us. what steps could i take to help my fiance out. let's put it this way-if family services were called, the kids would be taken away from their mother. please help

Grace_Adler

Is there a custody or visitation order right now? If so, what does it say?

If she tries to move, he can file for a emergency temporary custody.

A

anniepooh30

There is a custody order in effect right now. It states that he has visitation of the kids and that she cannot move out of the state of Florida. We are looking to see if she can take them out of the county. If it does not state it, won't he have to go to the court house and file for it?

Grace_Adler

Yes I believe so. If she tries to run out of state, make sure he gets to the courthouse to file for emergency custody.

Sometimes laws and custody orders state how far you are allowed to move the children. You may want to check with the magistrate or someone else at the courthouse and ask about that.

LegalBeagle

You can move 800 miles in FL and still remain in the state. It is unlikely that any ex-parte filing for custody would be successful in this case..

Grace_Adler

Oh. Okie dokie. Thanks for the back up too. I'm not all that great with custody cases. ;)

I didn't know if she meant in the state or out of. If she moves out of, then he can file right?

Oh yeah, just what the heck is ex-parte anyway. I know pro-se is do it yourself but I'm not sure what ex-parte is.

LegalBeagle

Ex-parte is where you knock on the judges front door at 2am whilst stinking drunk and hand him the petition for immediate review.

Grace_Adler

ROTFLMAO

Hahahahaha! That was a good one! I nearly choked on my pineapple cake. Thanks! I'll remember that the next time I get drunk. (j/k)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">