• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fighting to move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reighvin

I'm in the Marine Corp, currently stationed in Japan, but going back to the states(North Carolina) in March. My wife is pregnant, due in April and currently lives in New York. She has a 6 year old daughter also. The daughter's father is taking her to court to try and stop us from moving outside the state with her. The courts have assigned a lawyer to my step-daughter to look out for her best interest. Recently, she told me wife she shouldn't of gotten married and is giving the impression that she is leaning towards siding with my step daighters dad. Will the courts take in to effect that my step-daughter doesn't want to be with him? Will the fact I am in the military and cannot move to a better location closer to NY effect anything? They have started a investigation of the area she will be living in, and have stated an investigation into me and the type of person I am. I have gotten some of my supervisors to write character reference letters for me since I can't be there myself. Is it possible for me to claim the Sailors and Soldiers act since I can't be there myself, even though I am not specifically named in the case? Thanks for any help. The court case is being handled in NY.

Dana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">