• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

File Bankruptcy to protect home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

housecat

Doing business in California. Currently involved with 3 different law suites.
Even though we feel that we are not at fault & have been told by many people we still fear that if the outcome is not in our favor our home will be taken. from mediation, one party is asking $120,000 from us. it will now go trial. The midiator privately advised to file bancruptcy or should we do a quiet claim deed to protect our house? If we do the quiet claim deed we'll we be able to have our home returned at a later time without obligation to pay the party sueing? Trial dates for 2 cases are set for this October. I'm trying to get as much info. as possible.
Thank you!

bigun

Can you say Fraudulent Conveyance?
Don't even think about a quit claim with lawsuits and a bk in the picture.
Talk with a couple of bk lawyers. Most give free initial consultations but hurry. Bk reform takes affect on 10/17.

housecat

thanks bigun!

thanks so much for your response. i was able to say Fraudulent Conveyance but had to look-up the definition. it's all new to me. i'll get info on filing for bk. we have excellent credit & will hate to resort to that but would hate to lose my house even more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">