• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filibuster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

No snow out here ... even though we went from 100 degree weather to the 70s in a couple of days, there's no snow.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No snow out here ... even though we went from 100 degree weather to the 70s in a couple of days, there's no snow.
*throws a snowball at you* Time to MAKE SNOW THEN!
CD,
Do you want to build a snowman?
Come on, let's go and play!
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away

We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why!

It doesn't have to be a snowman

Go away, OG <-------------------------------------------------------this is your line CD

Okay, bye

Or ride our bike around the halls?
I think some company is overdue
I've started talking to
The pictures on the walls!

(Hang in there, Joan)

It gets a little lonely
All these empty rooms
Just watching the hours tick by
(tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock)

Elsa, please I know you're in there
People are asking where you've been
They say, "have courage" and I'm trying to
I'm right out here for you
Just let me in

We only have each other
It's just you and me
What are we gonna do?

LeeHarveyBlotto

I wish one of these critters would dispense with the "common sense gun control" garbage, and have the guts and honesty to do what they really want. Introduce the resolution to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

LeeHarveyBlotto

How is this a civil right? They are asking to close gun show/craigslist loopholes as well as debate the idea of those on the FBI terrorist watchlist/no-fly list be restricted.
The first part is certainly worthy of debate. For the latter, how does one argue FOR a total lack of due process?

Proserpina

I wish one of these critters would dispense with the "common sense gun control" garbage, and have the guts and honesty to do what they really want. Introduce the resolution to repeal the 2nd Amendment.
That would be refreshing, wouldn't it?

But then, politicking wouldn't be nearly as ... well, political ... if everyone actually got to their point quickly and efficiently.

/insert obligatory foreign bias here.

tranquility

Sometimes, a "moment of silence" is worth something.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/health/plane-passengers-support-grandmother-of-orlando-victim-trnd/index.html

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sometimes, a "moment of silence" is worth something.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/health/plane-passengers-support-grandmother-of-orlando-victim-trnd/index.html
Saw. LOVED that story.

*throws a huge snow ball at Tranq!*
*SMOOSH*

Gotcha!
*runs away hiding*

tranquility

Saw. LOVED that story.

*throws a huge snow ball at Tranq!*
*SMOOSH*

Gotcha!
*runs away hiding*
I hate to be the one to try to find the silver lining in this dark, dark cloud. The politicians and those who manipulate opinion for benefit have already stolen any chance for any further change for the better that could be motivated by this evil. We can only hope that someday people will think rather than feel about some horrible event. When we feel, we go to the place we have already decided is right. Even if it would have nothing to do with solving the problem.

That being said, the feeling of all to who I talk in life and my feeling of the general public from such examples in the press I linked is one of solidarity. We are in this. We have suffered. We have had people of such goodness and promise stolen from us. We want to hold and comfort those who survived. We want to express our sympathy to their families and community. We do. We do; even though a key part of this horror is that the victims are gay. (Not all, of course. I've been to a gay bar or two [Or more.] in my time and I'm not gay.) All the love, consideration, feeling of community, and sadness over what has happened is all with the understanding of the sexual orientation of those who were hurt directly.

As in all large numbers of people, there are the fringe. I believe that is the argument behind the President's theory of not talking of radical Islam. Even in our America, there are still some who hate. I propose the vast majority of Americans do not hate those who are gay. (Or any of the letters we should use. It seems LGBT is the cool thing today.) There may be a difference about what we believe on certain things. That difference does not stem from hate.

We are One.

Being gay in much of the world is a crime. In more than a little part of the world, it is a crime punishable by death. There are usually other penalties; but, a serious crime. Here, while moral issues with some and some specific issues on particular thoughts of how things should be with others, We are One. I might suggest the term "homophobia" might not be used for all who disagree with the particular issue being discussed. I propose that a person who is uncomfortable with a man going into a bathroom with girls under 18 because he feels, as a gender, today he is a woman; is different from one who is following the dictate of his religion and murders people because they are gay. Both have been described as homophobic. We need more words.

My theory is we can learn from this error. Yes, it was an error. What that error is is more complex. How we move on to improve is something I have specific thoughts upon yet will refrain as that is not the purpose of this forum. But, we can learn.

Today, We are One.

One.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">