• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing against homeowners insurance

• Thread starter shar_shar_binks
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shar_shar_binks

My vehicle was parked in front of my house when a shade structure from my neighbors back yard that wasnt properly attached to the ground came over their fence and did damage to the paint on my vehicle. Ive just moved into the state and the vehicle has not yet been insured, dut to registration hassels. The neighbor agreed to take care of the damage until i told him that the car did not currently have insurance. He then said it wasnt his problem and refuses to deal with me? Is there anything i can do? There is homeowners insurance on the property he lives at. Is his insurance liable? How would i file a claim? Do i not have any rights regarding this situation because of my automobiles lack of insurance? :confused:

ALawyer

Tell him you'll take him to Small Claims Court if he doesn't help you resolve this. But you are starting off -- correction have started off -- on the wrong foot with your neighbor already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">