• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amy cross68

Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I am a 24 year old mother of 2. I married their father while he was in prison in Lee County. We have been together for almost 10 years and married for not even a year. About 2 months ago he starts sleeping around behind my back with someone that was supposed to be my friend. But i just recently found out about it a week ago. So now he has left me and has been with her and her 3 kids shacked up in hotel rooms. Not even botherin to call his own kids or come to see them. This man was arrested and sent to prison for traffiking a controlled substance....and yes i was dumb enough to marry him. But now he wasnt to take MY kids around a woman that does drugs and drives with her own kids and sells them around her kids too. She sat and threw her baby in the floor because he was crying and told him to shut the *f* up. What kind of mother is that and why would I trust her or him either one with my kids? Now hes saying that hes gonna talk to a lawyer about visistations. But I was wondering can he get visistations if he is a convicted felon and still does drugs, he has failed his drug tests though his parole officer atleast 3 times. I want to be able to have sole custody of my kids and give him only supervised visitations. I fanyone has any answers or been through anything like this please let me know I am desperate to keep my kids safe. What would be the right things to say to a lawyer and/or a judge?


Queen Bee
Easy answer: Yes he can get visitations. They may be supervised or dependent upon passing a drug test but yes he can get visitations and unless you can prove that the girlfriend is a direct danger and threat to your child(ren) you cannot ban her from being around them. You slept with him; you chose him as the father of your child and now you get to deal with him for at least the next 18 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential