• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing N400 after denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichka

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi!
Recently I had an interview for a naturalization and successfully completed BUT received a denial because of filing an application in a state where i didn't live at least three months (moved in June, filed in July).
Now I would like to file again. Do I need to pay for fingerprints again if they already have them?
Can you tell me that at this time, when they have everything in a computer - can it take the processing time faster?
If I passed all the tests do I need to go to interview again?
Thank you for your help.

ImmigAttyLana

You have to pay for ALL the filing fees again, not just the fingerprinting. It is going to take a lot LONGER now than the first time because there are now significant delays with N-400 processing. So forget what you did before. None of it is going to count or matter. You are starting from scratch, but spending money again and going to wait longer for the interview.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">