• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? KY

I have way too many years of my X threatening me. He has emotionally abused me, financially abused me (frivilous law suit after another) and mentally abused me.

Tomorrow I am filing a restraining order against hime - not so much to keep him away from me becuase he lives in another state, but more to protect myself, my reputation, and to finally officially let the court know that he is attemting to intentionally inflict harm on me. (he is called the police last night to file criminal harassment charges because i called him to ask his FAX number to fax some medical forms for him to sign for our daughter - This is only the 5th time I have called his home in 2 years.

I need to know how to word a motion to go with my restraining order. Does anyone know any websites?

CVG

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

flygrl said:
What is the name of your state? KY

I have way too many years of my X threatening me. He has emotionally abused me, financially abused me (frivilous law suit after another) and mentally abused me.

Tomorrow I am filing a restraining order against hime - not so much to keep him away from me becuase he lives in another state, but more to protect myself, my reputation, and to finally officially let the court know that he is attemting to intentionally inflict harm on me. (he is called the police last night to file criminal harassment charges because i called him to ask his FAX number to fax some medical forms for him to sign for our daughter - This is only the 5th time I have called his home in 2 years.

I need to know how to word a motion to go with my restraining order. Does anyone know any websites?

CVG
My response:

You can't get a Restraining Order against someone who lives in another State.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

He moved to another state because you were harassing him. You have continued to stalk him on line using your employers computer access to flight manafests which are confidential. This is a federal offense.
He has requested that all communications go thrrough your attorneys which is a reasonable request.
The forms you are faxing are for elective proceedures and you have contracted without his consent.
You are jealous and vindictive because he has a new wife. Every one here has told you to back off, now you are facing criminal charges, possibly at a federal level because of being in difference states.

No you can't get a R/O to stop him, but you will have an opportunity to explain yourself.
Be prepared for the FBI to audit all your communications.

tigger22472

My first question is why Miss Flygrl now says she's in KY and secondly why she felt the need to contact him when obviously with all these supposal court trips and her claims of notices from lawyers, she didn't deal with that through the lawyer. Oh yeah... I know.. cuz SHE is the one harrassing!

flygrl

I now live in KY - it is right across the river from OH - where my divorce was final.

I needed him to fill out the financial paperwork for the braces - which he AGREED to pay for.

flygrl

rmet4nzkx said:
He moved to another state because you were harassing him. You have continued to stalk him on line using your employers computer access to flight manafests which are confidential. This is a federal offense.
He has requested that all communications go thrrough your attorneys which is a reasonable request.
The forms you are faxing are for elective proceedures and you have contracted without his consent.
You are jealous and vindictive because he has a new wife. Every one here has told you to back off, now you are facing criminal charges, possibly at a federal level because of being in difference states.

No you can't get a R/O to stop him, but you will have an opportunity to explain yourself.
Be prepared for the FBI to audit all your communications.

I am hoping for YOUR sake that you are a layperson and not legal professional because you simply do not have an ability to look at facts and draw conclusions without your personal bias coming into play. That would not work very well for you in the legal profession.

Once again, you have presented a set of false conclusions to one of my posts because you refuse to stick to the facts and instead let your personal experience and prejudices dictate your responses.

FYI - the police department in his state told him that there was no basis for any action to be taken by them or the district attorney.

As I have been, each and every time, I am innocent.

I am sorry that there are people like you on these boards. Some of us are really searching for legitimate legal advice to save as much money as we can to take care of our children.

All you do is muddy the waters on my posts and that is consitant with your behavior on the majority of your other posts.

I am going to ask you politely to stop with your slander of me and my situation.

CVG

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You can't get a Restraining Order against someone who lives in another State.

IAAL

My response:

I answered your question with a legal response. See above. It doesn't matter that you're just across the river. The fact remains that "across the river" is another State.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

flygrl said:
I am hoping for YOUR sake that you are a layperson and not legal professional because you simply do not have an ability to look at facts and draw conclusions without your personal bias coming into play. That would not work very well for you in the legal profession.

Once again, you have presented a set of false conclusions to one of my posts because you refuse to stick to the facts and instead let your personal experience and prejudices dictate your responses.

FYI - the police department in his state told him that there was no basis for any action to be taken by them or the district attorney.

As I have been, each and every time, I am innocent.

I am sorry that there are people like you on these boards. Some of us are really searching for legitimate legal advice to save as much money as we can to take care of our children.

All you do is muddy the waters on my posts and that is consitant with your behavior on the majority of your other posts.

I am going to ask you politely to stop with your slander of me and my situation.

CVG
Did you get his permission to move to another state? Or are you hiding the children from him now? Just because he moved to CA to get away from you doesn't mean that you can escape to another state to avoid prosecution. The fact that you have been stalking and harassing him doesn't change because you fled the jurisdiction. The facts, which are your own admission, are not slander.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I answered your question with a legal response. See above. It doesn't matter that you're just across the river. The fact remains that "across the river" is another State.

IAAL
And Dad lives in CA, anyway.

LdiJ

rmet4nzkx said:
Did you get his permission to move to another state? Or are you hiding the children from him now? Just because he moved to CA to get away from you doesn't mean that you can escape to another state to avoid prosecution. The fact that you have been stalking and harassing him doesn't change because you fled the jurisdiction. The facts, which are your own admission, are not slander.
For goodness sake rmet, she didn't need his permission to move. Once he moved himself to CA he gave away any right to dictate where she and the kids live as long as it has no effect on his visitation. What possible basis do you have for accusing her of hiding the children? What possible basis do you have for accusing her of attempting to avoid prosecution?

Rmet...look at your post the way a stranger would look at your post....you are harassing this woman.

LdiJ

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Is this woman a compulsive liar?

IAAL
No, you just misunderstood. You assumed she meant that dad lived in ohio when she responded to Tigger. She only said that dad lived in another state.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall that OH does require the court's permission to remove the children from the state's jurisdiction - regardless of where Dad lives. Sure, it would be a slam dunk, but if it's required - it needs to be done.

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Is this woman a compulsive liar?

IAAL
YES! And then some! If you get bored go back and read her posts. BTW she gets excellent child support, has a good job but complains about everything, most of all that her ex has a new wife. She has been harassing them for some time, thus ex moved to CA to get away from her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">