• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing TAXES while escaping abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Who uses a 4506? I use an 8821 or 2848 as the case may require, submit it, wait until its in the system and use a third party provider to download all authorized transcripts. I don't subscribe to the "it's a client emergency so its my emergency" method of tax resolution. I'm not calling in to PPS for transcripts with POA in hand to fax to them on the line, knowing full well its not getting forwarded to CAF for entry into the system.
The 4506 is a form that the taxpayer signs and mails in to the IRS to get transcripts. I don't use them either, because its a form for the taxpayer to use. However, a lot of mortgage companies insist on them being used when the mortgage company wants a transcript.

Nine times out of ten there is no reason for the 8821 or 2848 to get entered into CAF when my clients need transcripts. Its to deal with a single issue...not a long time reason for me to have access to their IRS records. In fact, most of the time I think its more appropriate for me to only have access on a one time basis.

We each have our own methods of resolving issues based on what has worked best for us over the years. I have had great success with my methods and I am sure that you have had great success with yours as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">