• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Visitation, My Chances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AmalioRivas08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in North Carolina and my son has residency in TN.

Hi my name is Julio. I am not sure where to exactly start. My ex girlfriend is the mother of my son. In December 2007 we seperated due to the fact that we were no longer working out. After she left, I had weekly contact with my son. In Feb 08, I went to TN and saw my son. At this time my phone contact was about once a week (atleast). In May I started dating someone and phone calls drifted to about 3 phone calls a month. I would say about July, the phone calls dwindled to twice a month (about every other week). She came here is October to get the remainder of her things and since then I have had maybe four phone calls since then. I call she hangs up, if I ask for my son she tells me it is her son (even if I say his name). She informs me I can come there to see him but have been unable to get there due to financial situations (I am disabled with a fixed income).

I have finally came up with the money to travel to TN to see him again and plan on filing for visitation. What are my chances? With the face she has tried to alienate me from his life, does it help or hurt either of us?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to establish paternity. You have a great chance of getting visitation if you are legally the baby's father. Pretty much guaranteed based on what you have said. NOw the amount and type of visitation is where the differences come in.

truebluemd

If you file, you will probably have to go to mediation. Look up a long distance parenting plans in your state so that you can at least present a proposed schedule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">