• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling a false report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



After a police report was taken regarding an alleged theft and assault was taken, I told police that i didn't wish to persue matter. Was told in order for that to happen I should say that I made it up. After I said okay I made it up the police detective said she was going to turn it over to the prosecuter for posible filing of charges against me for filing a false police report. What can I expect to happen to me now? This is in the state of Indiana.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential