• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finace screwed me good

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefane826

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
long story i will try to make it breif. lived with fiance, i had to move out of state to get daughter situated with her life with plans on moving back in with fiance.while living with him, i spent a lot of money redoing his mothers house that we lived in. i also paid his pathfinder off with a verbal promise that he would pay me back when he was done paying for another car that his ex-fiance had repoed from her, but was in his name. i went up there this past xmas 2006. things i thought were fine between us. 2 weeks later i asked him to charge me a laptop on his credit and i would pay the monthly fees. another verbal agreement. i got the laptop and i called him to ask him when the monthly payments were due. hung up and i called him back and this girl asnwered. six weeks later he has this girl moved in with him. needless to say i have not paid for this computer since he owes me $3,600.00 for the pathfinder that i paid off. i told him i wasn't going to pay for the laptop which is $838.00 and he said that i will not get any of my personal property that i left there. i told him that he owes me a lot more than what i owe him and that i was taking him to court. Questions: can i supeona him to bring receipts? i have canceled check for the pay off of the pathfinder, but the check does not say this. but the credit company is in his hand writing. I called the credit company but they wouldn't give me a copy of the pay off because i do not have his social security number. i also would like him to bring the last statement of the computer because i know he paid it off cause he has a thing about paying interest and if i have to pay him back i don't want to pay the interest and have him get extra money from me. question: is there a time limit for all this? and last would i be able to sue him for the two days of work that i have to miss traveling from South Carolina to New Jersey to take him to court to try and recover my things and also traveling expenses? I was going to do the Judge Judy thing but he told them that he wasn't going to do it. and if he thinks im wrong wouldn't he be taking me to court instead? I've known this man ( or thought i knew this man) for 36 years. we were high school sweethearts, had a baby then. split led separte lives and we met up again in the year 2001. well i guess that's it. any help would be appreceiated. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">