• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final walk-through with Management company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sophierose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
We were on a month-to-month for five years and got notice from the management company that the owner of the home was going to sell it. We received a 30-day notice to vacate which was fine and we were out two-weeks prior and turned in our keys on the 29th of January 2014 as our lease was up on the 31st. We signed a form when turning in the keys that we requested to be present when doing a final walk-through. I called several times after that to get some idea of when the walk-through would be and they could only tell me that we would get 30-60 minute notice. As of today I emailed them to have in writing what is going on and why my calls were not being returned and I got a response, from the property manager for that property saying that she made a mistake and apologized for not contacting me but the final walk-through had already been done. At this point we are on day 12 of the legal 14 day requirement to notify and we have received nothing. My question is what happens now that they have done the final walk-through and we weren't notified nor obviously present? Can we contest anything they may be requesting or payment? I should add a neighbor (and Realtor) noticed that there was a lock box on the door two days after we turned in the keys and people had been going in and out which at that time we had assumed no final walk-through had been done. I called the property management company and she didn't who was there or why. I called again with another question and I never did get a call back. Something is definitely not adding up here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is no issue yet. Give it a few more days. If you don't have your deposit back (minus appropriate deductions) by the end of the week, get in contact with the property manager to follow up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">