• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finally went to to court my DUI in 2010.......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Actually, GuyInNC’s post is related to Michael’s question because the NDR is probably what is going to be the reason Michael has problems with his Alabama driver’s license. Alabama will have access to the Georgia driver’s license suspension which will affect his driver’s license in Alabama.
It is only "related" because it has to do with the NDR. The issues are completely different.

quincy

It is only "related" because it has to do with the NDR. The issues are completely different.
True. But I guess I am giving a pass to GuyInNC because he has added some valuable information to DUI threads in the past and I think an expansion on an earlier mention of NDR is helpful to Michael.

Zigner

True. But I guess I am giving a pass to GuyInNC because he has added some valuable information to DUI threads in the past and I think an expansion on an earlier mention of NDR is helpful to Michael.
Fair enough

GuyInNC

In my mind the question is identical to the OP's question. He was asking what event would trigger a suspension of his Alabama license due to the Georgia DUI (see response #9 in this thread). I was asking exactly the same question and adding my own experience (where only a license renewal request would trigger such an event).

dave

PayrollHRGuy

In my mind the question is identical to the OP's question. He was asking what event would trigger a suspension of his Alabama license due to the Georgia DUI (see response #9 in this thread). I was asking exactly the same question and adding my own experience (where only a license renewal request would trigger such an event).

dave
If nothing else was different the states were different which could lead to a different correct answer.

Zigner

dave
In THAT case, you really needed to start your own thread ;)

quincy

dave
Your question was not really identical. Georgia is a state different from others in that it is not a member of the Driver License Compact. Alabama therefore would have to rely on the National Driver Registry for information on a driver’s driver license status from other states. This could mean Michael may not have issues with his Alabama license until he tries to renew it (or if he is stopped by the police for some reason).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">