• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial Credit Services/Hilarious story- but worried Lady In Red???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NH
This company called my cell phone the other day. Say they have a department store card of mine from 8 years ago. She said the last payment was made on Dec 5th 1998, which is an utter lie. This card was charged off in 1997. The balance was 660.00, is now at $1000.00 I was in college, no excuses, and it was the beginning of my credit destruction from 96-2000. Anyway, she says I have been lucky because the 3 other agencies that had this account did not report to credit bureaus, but they do, and that I will see a collection account on my credit report as of May 5th. (Which I beleive they plan on reporting until December of 2005, based on their info, which is not that big of a deal). She then says they have sent me letters- she kept saying "Intent to sue" (to wrong addresses) so I decided to give her my current mailbox Ect address. SOL on written contracts AND the other one in NH is 3 years. So she says "So this is the address to serve you at with a SUMMONS?" I said "The SOL in New Hampshire is 3 years, so good luck!" She had NO response said Thank you and hung up in a hurry. Will this company actually try to sue? They have only had this account since March of 05. I obviously need to request validation right? Their date is an absolute lie. And by calling them, will they try to pull something shady? Calling them does not do anything regarding SOL right?

cmorris

upontheventura said:
What is the name of your state?NH
This company called my cell phone the other day. Say they have a department store card of mine from 8 years ago. She said the last payment was made on Dec 5th 1998, which is an utter lie. This card was charged off in 1997. The balance was 660.00, is now at $1000.00 I was in college, no excuses, and it was the beginning of my credit destruction from 96-2000. Anyway, she says I have been lucky because the 3 other agencies that had this account did not report to credit bureaus, but they do, and that I will see a collection account on my credit report as of May 5th. (Which I beleive they plan on reporting until December of 2005, based on their info, which is not that big of a deal). She then says they have sent me letters- she kept saying "Intent to sue" (to wrong addresses) so I decided to give her my current mailbox Ect address. SOL on written contracts AND the other one in NH is 3 years. So she says "So this is the address to serve you at with a SUMMONS?" I said "The SOL in New Hampshire is 3 years, so good luck!" She had NO response said Thank you and hung up in a hurry.

**ROFL! :D

Will this company actually try to sue?

**Doubtful.

They have only had this account since March of 05. I obviously need to request validation right?

**Absolutely--do it certified mail, return receipt.

Their date is an absolute lie. And by calling them, will they try to pull something shady? Calling them does not do anything regarding SOL right?
The call won't affect the SOL.

If it is past SOL like you say, you could just send a cease and desist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">