• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finders keepers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarilynLV

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts.

My son and I were in a large, wooded city park, when I stepped on a glass bottle, partially sticking out of the dirt. Out of curiosity we dug it up and discovered it was an old glass soda bottle, completely intact.

We took it home and looked up the name of the company. It turned out this bottle had been manufactured prior to 1905.

I'd like to give it to the city museum, but don't want to get in trouble for removing something from the city park.

I know this is small potatoes compared to the other problems on this site, but I don't want any problems.

You never know.

tranquility

There have been some recent activity regarding seemingly similar matters in the courts so I see why you might have concern. However, the facts were different and involved artifacts related to the land. Move along, good citizen, and thank you for doing your part to clean up litter.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts.

My son and I were in a large, wooded city park, when I stepped on a glass bottle, partially sticking out of the dirt. Out of curiosity we dug it up and discovered it was an old glass soda bottle, completely intact.

We took it home and looked up the name of the company. It turned out this bottle had been manufactured prior to 1905.

I'd like to give it to the city museum, but don't want to get in trouble for removing something from the city park.

I know this is small potatoes compared to the other problems on this site, but I don't want any problems.

You never know.
**A: you can donate it and not tell them where you found it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">