• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finding a non-custodial parent unfit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Christine Forbis

I live in Katy,Texas. I have custody of our son. My ex-husband does not work and pays the minimum amout of child support by law. He digs in dumpsters to get food and other essentials (diapers, wipes, clothes, shampoo, deoderant, etc.) so that he doesn't have to spend money to get them. How do I go about proving him an unfit parent. He has what the state of texas consideres standard visitation. How can I get the courts to see that he is a dead-beat dad and does not care about the hazards he could be exposing our son to? I have considered hiring a private investigator and gasp at the cost but if thats what it is going to come down to then I'll make it happen. What else do I need to do?
Please advise.
Thank You

Christine Forbis

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential