• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fine You Want To Close That Thread I Will Post Here Then!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMSC

What is the name of your state? illinois
frusteratedgf said:

Sleepy Hollow, IL police department...call them if you want
Ah, yes I thank you, I called them because of course HHS would not know anything about state law, right? Well they informed me of the law a little differently..."no miss, it is not illegal to leave your child home alone over night over the age of 14. You could face an investigation from child protective services and your childs fate will be placed in the courts hands."

Wait, actually I called the Illinois State Police department not Sleepy Hollow. So again, maybe they have the law wrong too. So I decided to look up that law that you are so determined is accurate I can't find it. Really there are people on here from Illinois that may need the information you have so why not ask you cop relative for the statute!

Here are some Illinois Laws that I did find:

"A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts"

"In Illinois, animals can be sent to jail. A monkey served five days in a Chicago jail for shoplifting. Similarly, in South Bend, Indiana, a monkey was convicted of the crime of smoking a cigarette and sentenced to pay a fine of $25 plus the cost of the trial"

F

frusteratedgf

ryry's mom said:
What is the name of your state? illinois

Ah, yes I thank you, I called them because of course HHS would not know anything about state law, right? Well they informed me of the law a little differently..."no miss, it is not illegal to leave your child home alone over night over the age of 14. You could face an investigation from child protective services and your childs fate will be placed in the courts hands."

Wait, actually I called the Illinois State Police department not Sleepy Hollow. So again, maybe they have the law wrong too. So I decided to look up that law that you are so determined is accurate I can't find it. Really there are people on here from Illinois that may need the information you have so why not ask you cop relative for the statute!

Here are some Illinois Laws that I did find:

"A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts"

"In Illinois, animals can be sent to jail. A monkey served five days in a Chicago jail for shoplifting. Similarly, in South Bend, Indiana, a monkey was convicted of the crime of smoking a cigarette and sentenced to pay a fine of $25 plus the cost of the trial"
Well thats the info that I got...so maybe its wrong...maybe its not...but seriously who the hell cares...I never claimed to be a lawyer...maybe the book was wrong or maybe it was very old and laws have changed...the reason my uncle said that was because my cousin who was 15 wanted to stay alone for a night while they went to a family wedding and he told her that it was against the law for someone under the age of 16 to stay alone overnight....maybe he said it to just shut her up or whatever...i dont care anymore! GET A LIFE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">