• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire a Public Adjuster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Donnad

I hired a public adjuster to help with fire suffered april 2019. Besides rushing me through signing his contract he claims to have done a home inspection and prepared a scope. I supplied the insurance company scope on the day I signed contract and I know he never inspected my home. I refused to endorse checks to him and give him money we didnt agree upon.I agreed to 10% of the increase we were able to get when he agreed and told me verbally. I told him I had already been paid on original scope from State Farm. I was under impression he was to be paid from date of contract onward. He has done several dishonest things and is trying to manipulate documentation to his advantage. He is holding all of the checks from insurance company 2 with my name and his and unfortunately one For rcv payment with contractor and his Name and mine. He sent me a mutual release and it was releasing him of all responsibility and gave me no rights. I have proof of him lying and that he never inspected my home he simply used the insurance company's scope and copied it. I was willing to pay him 10% of the increase even after his cheating ways but he wants 10% of entire scope before he was hired. He has become increasingly difficult since I refused to sign. Contacting the contractor telling him I have no money, unending phone calls and threatening to take 10% of contents which he did absolutely nothing to help and attorneys fee if I dobt make a decision he basically said he was no longer working on my claim but continues to negatively impact the repair of my house he now holds over $64000 (half) of the settlement he wont release. His fee was $13000 at last I checked. I cannot pay this man that amount of money I never would agree to pay him money he didnt earn and could not pay him out of pocket and he knows this. How can I release him from my claim?

adjusterjack

Donnad, you have adequately described why public whores (I mean, adjusters) were the bane of my existence when I was a company claim rep. Once you signed that contract you and your insurance company became bound to your public, uh, adjuster. For the money involved you are going to have to get an attorney. Otherwise, your public, uh, adjuster holds all the cards. Telling him he's fired doesn't cancel your, or your insurance company's obligations. Sorry.

Donnad

I understand the contract implications I still need to notify him in writing and plan on filing complaint with state insurance board the one that gives out licenses and need to know what constitutes fraud or deceit or his responsibilities as they pertain to me. Because im sure he has filed false documentation with. The Insurance company and I know he lied outright about work he has performed and he continues to harass the contractor who has no involvement or responsibilities to him at all he told the contractor I have no money because he has it all. He continues to fabricate lies and instigates arguments on a daily basis he keeps pushing a mutual release that benefits him solely if I can prove he has been dishonest and not performed his duties is the contract severable?

adjusterjack

if I can prove he has been dishonest and not performed his duties is the contract severable?
I don't know how much help the insurance department will be but you can file your complaint and see how it goes.

Study up on the public adjuster statute so you have some idea what the grounds are for suspension and penalty and that will help you provide documentation of your complaint.

http://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneChapter.aspx?chapter=325

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">